I really love cooking, but sometimes I don’t have enough time to spend on making a great meal, so I like to have a few secret recipe cards ready to whip out when I’m short!
One of our favourites is a Chinese-style recipe…it’s been a favourite for years in our home.
500g minced chicken
500g chestnut mushrooms
2 green chillies
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Heat some sesame oil in a wok, chop and add the chilli and crush and add the garlic.
- Stir fry for 1-2 mins.
- Finely slice all the mushrooms – rub with a damp cloth if any are dirty – add them to the wok.
- Cook for 3 mins.
- Add the rice wine vinegar and the sugar.
- Cook until all the liquid has been absorbed by the mushrooms.
- Now add the chicken and stir fry until it is cooked – approx 5 mins.
This is such a speedy dish , we usually eat it with rice. But even though it is fast, it really is very very tasty!