Needing a simple, cost-effective, fairly healthy snack idea?
Stovetop popcorn, my friend! (Or I guess you could use a popcorn maker, but who has space for another kitchen appliance….amiright?)
This is a huge hit with my fam and is so easy to make.
1. Place large pot on stove and turn heat to medium/high.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and allow it to melt and cover bottom of pot.
3. Pour in popcorn kernels, making an even layer at the bottom. (Don’t pile them up.)
4. Tilt pot until all kernels are covered in oil and lying flat.
5. Put lid on pot and turn heat to medium/low.
6. Wait for popping to start amd occasionally shake pot.
7. When popping slows, turn off heat.
8. Serve with your favourite toppings!
I just used sea salt for the kids and snuck some nutella into mine 🙂 Enjoy!
What toppings would you suggest?