My love for baking definitely comes from my mom. She often made us these oatmeal chocolate cookies for our lunch snacks. Unfortunately, we didn’t give her the appreciation she deserved but the kids in our classes did! We use to trade these cookies for fruit roll-ups, dunkaroos, and gushers, which we were never allowed to have 🙂 I know, sneaky! Now we make them and reminisce as we eat batches at a time.
- 1 cup of margarine
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix margarine, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder until combined
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips
- Place about a table spoon size of batter, spread equally onto a greased baking sheet.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown.