Every once in a while, The Bug will go on a veggie strike. This can mean she won’t eat specific veggies that she has loved in the past, or she wants nothing to do with the whole food group.
I think it’s important to continue to offer a full range of veggies whenever possible so that she won’t get it in her head that she doesn’t have to eat them anymore. However, I also sneak some into her diet to ensure that she still gets the nutrition she needs.
Here are some of my tricks for sneaking extra veggies into my toddlers diet:
- Blend with some fruit to make a smoothie pack. We have these reusable ones from Squooshi that she loves! I keep the clean ones in the freezer to prevent mold 🙂
- Mix shredded carrots with shredded cheddar cheese. It blends so nice!
- Use veggie puree in any kind of red sauce, such as pizza and spaghetti sauce.
- Use shredded cauliflower in the place of parmesan, or make mashed “potatoes” out of it.
- Broccoli slaw is great to throw into many recipes. Use instead of noodles in pasta, make broccoli slaw pizza, throw in a salad… the possibilities are endless 🙂
There are sooooo many neat ideas out there!