I have to admit, neither Chad nor I are huge fans of pumpkin. But when I saw this recipe I had to try it. We both enjoyed it enough to have a couple pieces before I gave it to a friend who loves pumpkin more than anyone else I’ve ever met.
- 1&3/4 cups flour
- 1 pkg (4 serving size) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1&3/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- Mix flour, dry pudding mix, baking powder, spices and baking soda and set aside.
- Whisk butter, sugar and pumpkin in large bowl. Blend in eggs. Add flour mixture and stir until moistened.
- Pour into greased bread pan and sprinkle top with brown sugar and nutmeg.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour and 5 minutes, covering with tin for for the last 20 minutes.
- Completely cool in pan before removing and enjoy!
What’s your favorite fall time treat?