I’m a big fan of Kraft Magazine. We get one every few months and that week we usually eat like royalty. Here is a recipe that I found in our most recent one that I altered slightly to suit my family.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup raw oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen blueberries*
1) Mix together oats and buttermilk in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
2) Beat cream cheese and sugar together until well blended in a separate small bowl, set aside as well.
3) Mix flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
4) Add egg and butter to oat and buttermilk and stir until well blended. Ass this mixture to dry ingredients, stir until just moistened. Gently stir in berries.
5) Spoon batter into paper lines cupcake pan until they are half full. Then spoon approximately 2 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture into each one. Cover this with the rest of the muffin batter.
6) Bake at 350* for 25-27 minutes.
These are so good! Chad has been eating them non stop. Enjoy!
*I always like to use frozen blueberries. For one, frozen fruit and vegetables is often fresher than the fresh ones you can buy because they are frozen right after being picked. And I find when I use fresh ones, they sink to the bottom of the muffins, creating a mushy bottomed muffin or cupcake. No bueno.